Here is a list of updates that I would like to see on the iPhone. Keep in mind that I am not a programmer or engineer so I don't know how easy these would be to implement. Feel free to comment or add to the list.
1. Dynamic or transparent URL text field in Safari when iPhone is in landscape mode. Reason: often times when your cursor is in a text field and the keyboard pops up, the viewport is obscured by the URL text field (if page is constantly loading) and the keyboard so you can't see what you are typing.
2. Vibration / haptic feedback with button presses (ie when phone is in silent mode)
3. Copy and Paste functionality - there are multiple solutions to this problem.
4. MMS messaging - having to retrieve received MMS messages from an AT&T site with a password is ridiculous.
5. Full Bluetooth functionality.
6. Notes sync with Mac OS X.
7. Home button double tap to bring you back to the previous screen - how many times have you exited a program on accident by hitting the Home button? Well, if you hit it again when you've been brought back to the home screen, the iPhone should bring you back to the previous screen.
8. Dictionary and Thesaurus.
9. Direct button from emails list to email accounts page - quicker to toggle between accounts.
10. SMS with landscape mode option - larger keyboard makes for easier texting.
TrackBack URL for this entry: http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d8341c5bb453ef00e39823d8238833